Frequently Asked Questions
TapGO TV is a subscription television streaming service. It is the first virtual multichannel video programming distribution platform to be made available in the Philippines, offering a selection of Linear Channels and OTT-originated services that can be streamed through smart TVs, digital media players and apps (IOS and Android).
From offering a Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) Service focused on Sports, we’re shifting to TapGo TV as a Streaming Television Service to offer a bigger, better streaming library where you can watch not only Sports content but a whole of entertainment.
By offering Live TV Channels covering Movies, TV Series, Kids Content, News, Sports, and Free To Air, we are able to cater to a wider pool of audience
With TapGO TV, you can watch thousands of movies, tv shows, and lifestyle and entertainment content from 30+ TV channels including CinemaWorld, Paramount, HGTV, AFN, CNBC, CNN, ANC, Animal Planet, Dreamworks, and more plus our own signature channels like Tap Movies, Tap TV, Tap Edge, Tap ActionFlix, Laff, Crime TV, Comic U, and beyond.
You can also watch the best sporting events from all over the world and follow your favorite leagues like UFC, UEFA, PGA, WTA, WWE, and more with TapGO TV’s Sports Channels – Premier Sports, Premier Sports 2, Premier Football, Tap Sports, and EdgeSport.
You can also access catch-up and on-demand content as well as Pay-Per-View (PPV) channels for special events.
PLANS, ACCOUNT & BILLING
TapGO TV offers different subscription plans that match your needs. The plan you choose will determine the TapGO TV content you can watch. Plans that come with a 7-day free trial period for new users automatically start when you subscribe. At the end of the 7-day free trial, you will be automatically enrolled and billed for your membership.
There are no hidden costs, long-term commitments, or cancellation fees, and you’re able to switch plans and add-ons at any time. Sign up and start watching today, or select an option below to learn more about the various plans we offer.
TapGO TV offers the following plans for you to choose from:
- TapGO TV All Access PHP 179/month gives you access to our full streaming library of Live TV including Sports channels for 30 days with a 7-day free trial.
- TapGO TV Life PHP 129/month gives you access to our streaming library of Live TV except Sports channels for 30 days with a 7-day free trial.
- TapGO TV Lite PHP 99/One-Time gives you access to our full streaming library of Live TV including Sports channels for 3 days.
- TapGO TV Kids PHP 79/month gives you access to all our Kids channels for 30 days with a 7-day free trial.
As a TapGO TV member, you are automatically charged once a month on the date you signed up. You can cancel your free trial or active membership at any time on your account page. If you cancel your subscription before your free trial expires, you will not be billed, but will be unable to access content when logged in.
You can purchase subscription plans through our website or in-app. You can also redeem voucher codes and e-pins using our website or through our official Shopee or Lazada page.
You can change your TapGO TV plan at any time on your account page.
Your plan upgrade takes effect immediately so you can enjoy all of the added features. Your billing date will change based on the remaining balance of your last payment.
A plan downgrade takes effect on your next billing date. You can continue to use the features of the higher plan until your next billing date.
To view plan and subscription details, go to your account page. Within the section ‘Payment History’, click the ‘View’ button to view your invoice.
You can purchase your TapGO TV subscription on our website via credit/debit card payments, GCash, or GrabPay.
If your credit or debit card payment won’t push through, it usually means the card issuer or financial institution has rejected the charge. Please go to your account page to update or change your payment method. We will immediately verify the new information and, if the charge is approved by your card issuer, you can continue enjoying our premium content.
If the issue continues to persist, you may get in touch with email@example.com.
If you have forgotten your password or need to unlock your account, go to the TapGO TV login screen and click the link that says, “Forgot your username or password?”
Enter the email address associated with your TapGO TV account and you will receive an email with a link to reset your password.
For concerns not answered in our FAQs, you can get in touch with our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be happy to help!
USING TAPGO TV
TapGO TV is available on the following devices:
- Desktop PC and Mac: the website is available on all modern desktop browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge
- Mobile Devices: Available on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets
- Streaming Devices: Content can be streamed to any smart TV using Airplay on Apple TV, any Chromecast-enabled device, Android TV, or via web browser on your TV.
You can activate your account on an unlimited number of devices, but you can only actively stream from two of them simultaneously. It means if you try to stream TapGO TV on more than two screens simultaneously, you’ll encounter the error message “You have reached the maximum streams allowed.”
While there is an option in every video to select subtitles, not all content would have subtitles.
This feature is currently unavailable.
I am getting a “No Internet Connection. Please check your network.” error message while trying to view the content.
One of the most common issues seen by our users is that of weak and interrupted internet connectivity within their home Wi-Fi Networks. If you see constant buffering or loading circles or frequent changes in the quality of your streams, try these troubleshooting steps:
- Restart your browser, device and home Wi-Fi Network
- Close the browser that had TapGO TV open or the TapGO TV app
- Shut down your device
- Unplug your Wi-Fi router/modem from power for 1-2 minutes
- Plug your Wi-Fi router/modem back into power
- Restart device, open TapGO TV app in browser
- Improve your Wi-Fi Signal
- Move to a more central location / closer to your device
- Move Wi-Fi router away from other wireless devices (microwaves) to avoid interference
- Move router off the floor
- Connect your computer directly to the modem
- Close the browser that had TapGO TV open
- Shut down your computer
- Unplug your modem from power for 1-2 minutes
- Plug your modem back into power
- Turn computer on, plug computer into modem via ethernet cable
- Open TapGO TV in a browser
Content will automatically get refreshed once connected to a stable internet connection. If none of the above work, and you continue to have the same issues, please consider contacting your Internet Service Provider.
You’re seeing this error due to either of the following:
- You are not subscribed to any of our packages or the correct subscription plan, or
- You’re trying to access content while outside the Philippines or using a foreign IP address (e.g. VPN).
To be able to access the content you want, check that you have purchased the correct subscription plan. If the error persists, contact our support team (email@example.com) for assistance.
When trying to access a live TapGO TV event, if you are seeing a continuous loading circle or connection error within the video player, this may be resolved by signing out of TapGO TV, clearing your web browser’s cache, and relaunching the browser.
If you’re unsure of how to clear your web browser’s cache, please see the below links for instructions from each of the most commonly used browsers:
- iPhone/iPad or Android issues
For any issues on the iOS / Android app please try to reinstall the app from your mobile device:
- Check the app for any updates
- Remove the app from your device
- Restart your device
- Reinstall the app on your device
If you continue to have trouble, install any available software updates. If these suggestions do not resolve the issues you are encountering, please try accessing the app through a different network or Wi-Fi connection to see if the same issues occur. Or, for more detailed information please visit the official iPhone/iPad or Android support pages.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
A broadband internet connection (DSL/cable or higher) of 750kbps or higher is needed. If you have an internet connection speed of 5.0Mbps or higher and your computer meets the requirements below, you will be able to enjoy the content at its highest video quality.
MINIMUM WINDOWS REQUIREMENTS
- Pentium III 1GHz or higher or equivalent AMD processor with a minimum of 512MB of memory.
- One of the following operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows Media Centre Edition, or Firefox v1.5 or above.
- Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox
- Video adapter and monitor: Super VGA (1024×768) or higher
MINIMUM MAC REQUIREMENTS
- PowerPC G3 600 MHz
- Pentium III 1GHz with a minimum of 512MB of memory
- Mac OS X 10.4+
- Firefox v1.5+: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox
- Video adapter and monitor: Super VGA (1024×768) or higher
- TapGO TV is available on Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge
MINIMUM MOBILE DEVICE REQUIREMENTS
- Android OS 4.4 or above
- iOS 11.2 or above